Richard D. Scheinberg, MD
Dr. Richard Scheinberg is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with more than 30 years of practice experience. In addition to his private orthopedics practice, Dr. Scheinberg is currently on staff at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, the Pueblo Surgery Center and Carrillo Surgery Center.
He also serves as a consultant for International Management Group (IMG), working with their professional tennis players. Dr. Scheinberg has treated many professional athletes, including tennis players Jimmy Connors, Maria Sharapova, Andre Agassi and Patrick Rafter.
Experience & Background
Dr. Scheinberg received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey, and his Doctor of Medicine degree from Duke University Medical School in Durham, North Carolina. He continued his training with a surgical internship and residency at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Active in many professional organizations, Dr. Scheinberg is a diplomate of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons and a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. In addition, he is a member of the California Orthopedic Association and California Society of Industrial Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Scheinberg is dedicated to providing the highest quality of treatment for sports and work-related injuries. His specialty interests are knee and shoulder issues, however he is a skilled general orthopedic surgeon who treats spine problems, total joint replacements and hand injuries regularly in his practice.
- Princeton University, New Jersey Bachelor of Arts – 1971
- Duke University Medical School, North Carolina Doctor of Medicine – 1975
- Harvard University /Massachusetts General Hospital Surgical Internship – 1975-1976
- Harvard University /Massachusetts General Hospital Surgical Residency – 1976-1977
- Combined Harvard Orthopedic Residency Program Orthopedic Residency – 1976-1980
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Robert Brigham Hospital
- Peter Brent Brigham Hospital
Hospital Staff Affiliates
- Pueblo Surgery Center
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons – 1982
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Medicine
- Member, California Society of Industrial Medicine and Surgery
- Member, California Orthopedic Association